- Homemade Halloween Dog Treats
2. Sweet Potato Bones: Peel and chop sweet potatoes into strips or bone shapes. Place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250°F (120°C) for about 3 hours or until they become crispy. Make sure they are fully dried out so they store well and are easier for your dog to digest.
3. Mummy Wrapped Hot Dogs: Cut hot dogs into small pieces. Wrap them with thin strips of store-bought or homemade dog-safe dough (you can use the pumpkin and peanut butter dough from the first recipe). Bake until the dough is golden brown.
4. Carrot 'Fingers' with Pumpkin Dip:
Create "witch fingers" using baby carrots as the finger and slivered almonds as the nails. Attach the almond nail using a small amount of peanut butter. Serve with a side of canned pumpkin dip (unsweetened) as "pumpkin guts."
5. Apple Witch's Brew Popsicles:
Blend unsweetened applesauce with water and a little bit of plain yogurt. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays or silicone molds. Drop in a small dog treat or two into each slot and freeze until solid.
6. Cheese Broomsticks:
Cut string cheese sticks in half. Make small broom bristles by cutting the end into thin strips. Attach a pretzel stick as the broom handle.
7. Banana Ghosts:
Cut a banana into halves. Dip one end into unsweetened Greek yogurt and add mini blueberries as the eyes and mouth.
Remember always to use dog-safe ingredients and consider any allergies your dog may have. These homemade treats are a fun way to celebrate Halloween with your four-legged friend while keeping their health and safety in mind.
Enjoy the spook-tacular snacking!